Monday 20 October 2014

PONCHE DE CREME

PONCHE DE CRÈME /  PUNCH AH CRÈME
Now we are getting into the hard stuff involved in a Trini Christmas. Ponche de Crème or Punch ah Crème is one of our homemade alcoholic drinks that we love to consume during the Christmas season and being 100% Trini, I must have some in my fridge for Christmas. I could have shared mine with you all, but we haven’t mastered teleporting drinks and food over the internet as yet. So in the mean time here is the recipe for you to try


INGREDIENTS
6 Eggs
4 cups evaporated milk
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup white rum
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon minced lime zest
1 teaspoon aromatic bitters

METHOD

1.       Blend the eggs together

Since this recipe uses raw eggs you may want to pasteurize the eggs by heating it in a double boiler, or bowl placed over water in a sauce pan, stirring constantly while maintaining the temperature at 140° F for three and a half minutes.
2.      Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, nutmeg and lime zest and blend.

3.       Then add the rum and bitters and blend one last time
Pour in a bottle and refrigerate. Serve chilled.



4 comments:

  1. Yum, It's the most wonderful time of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished viewing a site on how to loose weight! Now I am confused about what I should do. Do I abstain from or partake in the deliciousness above? I think I'll do the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. It's a beautiful time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its the best time of the year. @ stacey be part of a trini christmas and then loose weight. lol

    ReplyDelete